bobby bunny and friends        bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends      bobby bunny and friends        bobby bunny and friends       bobby bunny and friends

Sunday, 31 March 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I hope that you have all had a lovely day, whatever you may have been up to. I have spent the day with the hubby's family and our three gorgeous nephews. We had a lovely roast cooked for us, with plenty of Easter treats for dessert. All in all it was a relaxing and enjoyable day which was much needed, since I have had to work most of the bank holiday weekend and again tomorrow. No such thing as bank holidays in the land of retail!

On another note since I have been out of the loop of blog land for the last week or so, I must update you on the wedding design sketch that I featured in the last post. The design was finished on schedule and the movie themed wedding that the card was designed for took place just over a week ago now. It was a beautiful day that was enjoyed by all, the highlights of which included: The Bride and Groom walking out of the ceremony to the Star Wars theme tune, the groom and best man speeches, the girls that were on the hen night including myself performing a flash mob style dance in our pink ladies jacket to a mash up of all of the Grease hits, and towards the end of the night the men serenading the bride to you've lost that loving feeling in tribute to the film Ghost. The weather even though overcast and windy held out for most of the day, not that it really mattered too much though as it was all held indoors at the same venue.


So onto the update of the wedding card design itself! As you saw in my last post the initial sketch worked out quite well. I then went onto colouring it and there were a few moments when I wasn't sure if the design would work out or not, particularly when it came to deciding how best to crop the background for the layout of the printed card. I also had some issues with deciding which text would also look best within the printed layout, but I think I pulled it off in the end.

Aside from these minor issues I did really enjoy making my design up and putting it into print as it had been a while since I last did this. Plus it was also the first time that I had printed out my cards using my new logo design on the back.

For the card size itself I settled on a square format measuring 13.3 x 13.5cm which is generally my favourite card layout to use, as it tends to work quite well with the proportions of my work. Plus I think it looks a little more modern and interesting than standard sized cards.

I then used a thick good quality card stock with a canvas texture to print the design. Again I tend to use this when printing my cards, as I find that this finish presents my work in the best way and gives it a professional look.

Once printed I then cut to size and finished off the design with some glitter accents. See what you think of the final outcome below.
 

 
Finished Card Design  
 
Printed Card Front
 
Printed Card Back
 
Close-up of Glitter Accents
 
Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend! I am off to start my next project now x
 

1 comment: